By Hill County Community Journal News Staff, Dec. 27, 2020
Center Point Volunteer Fire Department firefighters battled a blaze for hours Sunday afternoon in the 200 block of Elm Pass Road, with assistance from the Kerrville Fire Department and Turtle Creek Volunteer Fire Department.
There were five occupants of the home at the time of the fire.
JaeLyn Walters, 23, said she heard what she thought was someone “spraying a hose on the side of the house,” which prompted her to open the door to look outside.
Walters said she saw lattice in flames on the side of the house and immediately evacuated her three younger sisters and a female guest.
“I just started getting everyone out of the house,” Walters said. “We got all of the humans out of the house, but we are missing some animals.”
Walters said there was no time to grab any items from the home, including Christmas gifts and keepsakes.
The cause of the fire will be investigated, but no further details are available at this time.
Kerrville City Councilperson and business woman Brenda Hughes is collecting items to assist the family, who reportedly “lost everything” in the blaze.
Hughes is collecting the following:
- Women’s shoes size 9
- Women’s shirts size medium
- Women’s shirts size LG/XL
- Women’s jeans size 8-10
- Women’s jeans size 6/7
- Men’s shoes size 11
- Men’s jeans size 38×36
- Men’s jeans size 28×30
- Men’s shirts size XL
- Men’s shirts size M
All donations can be dropped off at Buzzies BBQ, located at 213 Schreiner St.
See the original article: https://www.hccommunityjournal.com/article_255f1008-48ab-11eb-ad33-eba8aab80c57.html
Leave a Reply