By Samuel Sutton at the Fredericksburg Standard, Jan. 13, 2021
Areas of Gillespie County and surrounding counties again saw snow this weekend, as some areas reported over two inches on Sunday. Now, vehicles are iced over again. About an inch to one-and-a-half inches of snow was reported at the Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post. In Harper, the Rech family reported two inches at their property. Jamey Vogel, a resident of Stonewall, reported a little over an inch of snow at his home. “It didn’t cover the ground where we are, but on trailers, it was about an inch to an inch-and-a-half,” Vogel said. “Total moisture was about .45 inches.” Tuttie Geistweidt in Doss said two to three inches of snow fell where she lived. As for moisture, she said almost an inch fell, as her rain gauge reported 70 points.
Ahead of the winter storm, Texas Governor Greg Abbott placed “numerous” resources on standby to help with road conditions and assist motorists. Governor Greg Abbott directed the Texas Division of Emergency Management to roster the following state resources:
- Texas Department of Transportation: Winter weather preparation and response equipment and crews
- Texas Department of Public Safety — Texas Highway Patrol: Courtesy patrols to assist stranded motorists along major travel corridors
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Texas Game Wardens and four-wheel drive vehicles to assist with stranded motorists along major travel corridors.
Precipitation is not in the forecast for Fredericksburg until Saturday evening, according to the National Weather Service website.
A week-at-a-glance for Fredericksburg is below:
- Wednesday: Sunny skies are predicted, with a high near 61. The overnight low is expected to be around 36.
- Thursday: Thursday should also be sunny, with a high near 68 and an overnight low around 36.
- Friday: Clear skies are projected for Friday, with a 59-degree high and an overnight low of around 33.
- Saturday: Saturday afternoon should be sunny and 63 degrees. A 20% chance is forecasted for the evening, with a low around 38.
- Sunday: The slight chance of rain is predicted to carry into Sunday, which should see a high near 57 degrees.
See the original article: https://www.fredericksburgstandard.com/news/snowfall-blankets-region-again