The sport of hunting is changing, just like the rest of the world, and fish are being forced to change along with it. As fisheries change, forward-facing sensor, also referred to as life sonAR, has gained popularity and is a fantastic tool for anglers to develop. It gives anglers the ability to see how fish respond to their lures in real-time, which helps them understand seafood behavior better than ever before. Anglers using forward-facing sensor are searching for baits that will enable them to communicate with fish more effectively as this technology develops. With three brand-new baits that enable anglers to communicate with seafood on forward-facing sensor in previously unheard-of ways, Berkley is leading that cost. Introducing the brand-new Power Switch, Finisher, and Krej, Berkley.
According to Chief Brand and Product Officer Jon Schlosser of Berkley, the company is a leader in the development of science-based fish, and we take pride in offering anglers the best tool to help them get carp in any setting. ” We’ve been anticipating the arrival of forward–facing sonar and have spent the last few years learning about the trend in the hopes that it will catch on. Every day, it has a greater impact on how anglers approach fisheries, and at Berkley, we have made an effort to take on the responsibility of giving them the best baits possible to communicate with fish on forward–facing radar. The staff at Berkley Labs has been able to develop some really unique baits that have been shown to catch more fish with FFS by applying our science-based approach to hook development to it. It’s fascinating to see how innovative these baits are, both in terms of their style and the way they let anglers use their bait in previously unheard-of ways.
forward–facing sonar, this new style of fishing, or “krejing”, allows the angler to take advantage of being able to see how the fish reacts and work the bait up and away from the fish to better imitate a natural fleeing motion, or back towards the fish to trigger reaction strikes.With it’s innovative, upturned bill the Krej, Berkley is one of the most unique baits anglers will see on the market this year. This revolutionary hard bait was designed to mimic the natural, upwards fleeing reaction of a baitfish from predatory strike. Contrary to conventional methods of fishing a jerkbait, the upturned bill of the Krej, Berkley (that’s “Jerk” spelled backwards) allows it to work its way upwards in the water column, only to fall backwards towards the fish chasing the bait. Purposefully designed in Berkley Labs to excel with
According to Dan Spengler, top project engineer for bait and terminal tackle at Berkley,” The Krej performs like no other tough bait, especially when paired with forward–facing sonar.” The development of the fish, which included important hook fish movements as well as predator-induced prey reactions like darting, chaotic motion behavior, and motion changes, took more than two years. The Krej is always in motion, whether it is rising or falling. We used an inverted bill, which enables this bait to do much more than a typical jerkbait and conquer the water column. This bait can be used in a variety of ways to communicate with fish, and it helps anglers close the gaps that exist when using forward–facing sensor.
- When used, an inverted bill produces distinctive ascending and darting action.
- Backwards fall on pause ( backslide ) gives the angler more time to stay in the strike zone and acts as a trigger for reaction bites.
- Angler control and time in the strike zone are maximized by the mixture of ascending behavior and backslide on the slide.
- To best mimic the natural growth of predator and prey, fish may be fished sub-surface or topwater.
- Designed to be used with forward–facing sensor
- ( 1ft / sec) Sinking
Sizes: 100mmColors: Blue Vapor • Stealth Shad • Stealth Minnow • Wakasagi • Chrome • OG Blue • Table Rock • Hankie Pankie • Nebu • Stunna Shad
MSRP: $14.99Available: January, 2024
forward–facing radar, “hovers” and moves horizontally in the water column with little retrieve development to maximize the bait’s time inside the strike zone. With FFS, the fish can properly maneuver the bait based on how the seafood is responding thanks to this special ability.The Finisher, which is designed for
The Finisher consistently produces strike-producing activity when tackling the different scenarios that forward–facing sonar unlocks, whether you’re fishing it in a modern style, fin-less glide bait for walleye, or like jerkbai for bass. Its “weight-forward” design enables quick drop-ins, precise puts on fish, and a variety of other activities that may catch even the moodiest fish off guard. The Finisher is at the forefront of contemporary difficult bait design for fit, finish, and performance thanks to the present finless double-treble design.
Spengler remarked,” The Finisher is the first of its form, a hovering difficult fish.” It genuinely gives fish complete control over their fish. depending on how the fish react, being able to change it in a variety of ways, particularly when using this fish with sonar that is facing forward. This bait is distinctive because it lacks a tail structure, which enables it to perform numerous actions. The Finisher’s level bottom, which enables it to glide or drop in the water column, is what makes it lethal, from chaotic darting to natural minnow-like tail movement. Anglers can certainly control how they interact with fish on forward–facing sonar thanks to a bait with like variety.
- Use light elbow snaps for moderate sail as a pro tip. Longer, harder strokes will result in longer floating and darting motions.
- Designed to be used with forward–facing sensor, giving the angler the control to put the bait where, when and how they want it to generate strikes.
- There are several different ways to fish, such as using a fly hook for walleye, bass that is sinking, or stroll bait along the middle of the water column.
- On the drop, there was a distinctive, meandering swim actions combined with body trembling.
- Unmatched, minnow-like tail swing when returning to center ( resting position )
- Ultra-premium hues and textures
- built to be successful in vertical or casting lectures
- Horizontally, laterally, and forwards/backwards, include the water column
- Anglers have complete control over the water column thanks to an arc-shaped system and a flattened stomach, which enables the bait to “hover” in place while being worked.
- Vertical line ties keep the knot locked and in place at all times.
- has two treble hooks from Fusion19TM for optimum hook-up numbers.
Sizes: 5cm, 7 cm, and 9 cm.Colors: Chrome Red Perch • Wakasagi • Blue Smelt • Bad Anaconda • Black Gold • Black Silver • Chrome • Chrome Perch • Crazy Steel • French Pearl • Gold Chrome • MF Firetiger • Nebu • OG Blue • Perch • Pink Pearl • Prime Time • Purple Slime • Stealth Shad • Sunset 84
MSRP:$ 8.99 to$ 10.99Available: January, 2024
PowerBait Power Switch from Berkley
forward–facing sonar, the PowerBait Power Switch from Berkley gives anglers the control to “switch” methods or react to how the fish are behaving or the structure they see.Built to interact with fish on
The windows to catch the fish starts when a fish is located using forward–facing sensor, and that window will quickly nearby. Anglers must react quickly and precisely in order to provide their fish. The PowerBait Power Switch’s weight-forward design enables precise casts, quick slide rates, and a wide range of activities to cause even the most picky fish to undertake to biting. With this design, fish can interact with any fish at any level in the water column using a variety of “hover” and” trek” techniques, giving them complete control. The Power Switch’s baitfish pattern will appeal to a wide range of species thanks to its PowerBait taste and pre-rigged Fusion19 hooks to maintain good hook-up percentage for every angler, making it an all-purpose bait to always have tied on and at the ready.
“The PowerBait Power Switch from Berkley is one of the first baits that incorporates several different actions and techniques into one bait,” said Berkley’s Project Engineer of Bait, Kyle Peterson. “This bait can sink fast, hover at the angler’s desired water column, with each action working together in one profile. It gives anglers everything they need to best interact with fish, especially when paired with forward–facing sonar.”
• Built with a forward–facing radar and best angler control in mind • Precision casts and rapidly sinking are made possible by the large, weight-forward style. With the new hovering strategy, you can either power the drop rate or stop it. On retrieve,” change” methods and deeds, whenever and however you like • PowerBait flavor-packed, giving you the opportunity to set the hook on each bit. • 3D eyes and a healthy baitfish account Pre-rigged with a high-quality, razor-sharp Fusion19 connect Available in a variety of sizes to fit all kinds of saltwater game • Accessible in holographic “wizard” colors and common, HD Tru Color.
Sizes: 1.75″; 2.5 %; 3.5 %, 3.5″, 4.25″, and 5 inches.Colors: Clown • Firetiger • Green Pumpkin • HD Blacknose Shiner • HD Purple Wizard • HD Pink Wizard • Wonderbread • HD Blue Wizard • HD Red Belly Goby • HD Stealth Minnow • HD White Wizard • HD Yellow Perch • Lemon Head Glow • Silver Bullet
MSRP: $9.99Available: September, 2023
Click here to find out more about Berkley.