Editor: To assist us in forthcoming examinations and content, we sent out a set of questions about the speckled trout fishing in June. The answer was incredible. We also receive the plenty of responses we received. We believed that the additional details these readers provided with their survey represented a fine cross-section of ideas and viewpoints on the subject. Be on the lookout for significant trout content in our TF & G Report e-newsletter for January / February 2024. problem.
I’m from Houston and I went fishing in Galveston Bay. Since Lowell Odom in Rockport taught me how to swim fish with artificials, I’ve been enamored with this method of fishing. In about ten years, I haven’t kept a trout( or even the stringer ) on my swim belt. With the exception of Sabine Lake and Baffin Bay, I have fished every sea advanced in Texas, primarily looking for striped fish. Up until recently, I kept my boat down there and learned how to fish in East Galveston Bay, where I also have a family home on the eastern tip of the island( East Beach ).
When the weather is right, I also frequently go surfing on the East End and have some amazing early-morning and late-night / moonlight sessions. Recently, I’ve concentrated on hunting in East Matagorda Bay with the two young boys I do possess.
I have had the good fortune to have landed some bass over 7 oz in the last two decades. I’ve changed my focus from counting numbers to chasing the” big girls” with one over 30″( post – freeze ). There is a distinction between catching fish over 25 inches in length. The fact that larger bass make up such a small portion of the population has also made me realize the importance of protection.
The gambling control, in my opinion, needs to be changed. I think the case limit of three fish is acceptable, but the casino should be between 16 and 20 inches. In my opinion, keeping fish over 20″ is destroying the main breeding property.
I don’t think that if rules stay the same, the present history will be broken.
I oppose destroy competitions for water trout.
MR. MICHAEL KUHN
I’ve been fishing in Texas waters from one end of the beach to the other for more than 60 times at the age of 72. I frequently visited Galveston, Matagorda, and Baffin Bay because I live in Houston. I simply fish artificially, mainly in topwater, and I wade 90 % of the time.
1. They might have to find 10 to locate one 15 because so many people are using Croaker. Therefore, the majority of those 10 fish may perish! Louisiana only permits keeping fish that are 12 inches. Most people only want to get five seafood before returning home. The maximum may be 5 if they did this. and permitted to keep one that is over 25″!
2. Yes, I believe the record will be broken — possibly in South Bay, Port Isabelle, or Sabine Lake, which is the least fished region in Texas!
3. Digging and the recently proposed Ike Dike will only increase biodiversity loss and release a lot of waste. My children still find it hard to imagine how fish was between 1970 and 2000. They may not believe me if I did not include photographs and some mounts! According to link David Rowsey, over 2 million salt stamps were sold last year compared to 200, 000 in 1984. Fish don’t have a chance if you add in the newer thin operating boats, electronics, GPS devices, and networking!
4. All fish tournaments should not be held unless they are bass competitions and each fish is weighed and released by a person on the boat.
5. 5. Fish is worse now than it was ten years ago, as well as 20 years prior. Unfortunate! !
Send your responses via email to:[ contact protected ]