The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department( TPWD ) has updated the My Texas Hunt Harvest mobile app to include a new Chronic Wasting Disease ( CWD ) Zone information tool in advance of the start of general deer hunting season on November 4.
Hunters can see area boundaries and touch any state location to find out if it is in or close to a CWD Zone using the interactive map tool.
TPWD has implemented several new CWD zones since last hunting season, so hunters across the state can use the app to stay aware of new boundaries and determine if their harvest was in a zone.
Other characteristics of the free game include:
- Show a copy of your passport in digital form.
- Reporting on hunting harvests is required in full.
- jot down the game types you’ve harvested.
- On a smartphone or tablet, you can view your produce record.
- You can quickly get your TPWD consumer number after a one-time login for later use.
- Even if your device is replaced or update, you can still save and retrieve the harvest history.
- Review your produce in English or Spanish by writing” Su cosecha en espaol” or” en inglés”
Before using the new features, users who have their apps’ automatic updates disabled on their products must personally update them.
Explore the TPWD Website‘s CWD website for more details on the illness.